Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ill advised embellishment

Do you ever get an idea in your head for a scrapbook page and realize after you start to execute that it was a bad idea?  That's what happened to me with this layout.


Everything was done except the quiet week at the top of the page.  I decided that it needed something else, and "It's been a quiet week in" would be the perfect thing.  I started out thinking that I would make a cut file, so I designed it and printed it out to figure out where I would put it.  The problem was that the lines would be too thin in the word week.  Rather than going back to the drawing board, I decided that embroidery would be the perfect old-timey embellishment for this page.

I  laid the paper over my page, taped it down, and started poking holes.  About halfway through poking holes, when my hand was aching, I realized that perhaps this wasn't my best idea ever. But...I already had a ton of holes in the top of my layout.  I stubbornly pushed forward.  An over an hour later, I finally had a finished product.

I'll admit that I love the way it feels to run my fingers over the embroidery, but it took me three times as long to do as the whole rest of the layout.  I don't think there will be too much more embroidery in my scrappy future.

No comments:

Post a Comment