Sunday, December 15, 2013

Simple Sketches 16: Yummy Evidence

Melissa has another fun sketch on the blog this week.  I love that all her sketches give you a great starting point that will give you a great page if you follow it exactly, but at the same time, they're easy to modify and make them your own.


I don't do a lot of distressing on my pages, just a little bit of mist droplets, so when I look at this sketch, I'm focusing in on the two photos, the circle, and the rectangular paper scraps.  Here's what I came up with:


I used my December 2013 Add On kit from 3 Scrappy boys to put together this page.  The papers in the kit all come from the Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste collection from American Crafts.  I really loved how all the papers coordinated with the branding strips, so I left the branding strip and cut half an inch from the top of several of my layouts this month.  I don't usually use gems because I don't like the texture of the facets, but since they came in the kit, I figured I'd use them here.  I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.  They look similar enough to enamel dots that I don't really notice the difference.

I've had my fair share of paper cuts, but for the first time in my crafting history, I actually bled for this layout.  I was attacked by my Martha Stuart circle cutter.  It would probably tell the story differently, but my version  is that I was being completely responsible and carefully removing the cap, when it bit me.  It might say that my finger was on the wrong side when I slid the cap off the blade, but in any case, the blade sunk deep into my finger and made a mess of the paper that I cut the circle out of (although it's interesting to note that the paper was thick enough that it didn't ruin the b side).

I hope you'll try this sketch, but don't get hurt in the process.  Go over to Simple Sketches and share the layout you make.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment