Friday, December 6, 2013

Creative Knockouts: Christmas Splendor

This week at Creative Knockouts, you're being challenged to include Christmas splendor in your project.


This layout is built around a collage of photos of the holiday decorations in my house.  I'm so happy with the decorations in the house this year.  Lilah loves the colored lights on the tree, but I prefer the white ones.  Unfortunately for me (or fortunately for her), this year she knows how to switch the lights from white to colored on our tree.  Every time I turn around, I'm confronted with colored lights on the tree when I left them white.  Luckily, I discovered this "problem" when we had our undecorated tree up for a week before Thanksgiving.  When we got out the box of decorations Lilah and her cousins helped me divide all the ornaments by color, and for the first time ever, I decorated my tree for it to look nice with colored lights.  As it turned out, that meant that I didn't like it with the white ones during the day when I could see all the other colors of the ornaments.  So we've reached a compromise in our family this year, colored lights during the day, white lights at night and an even mix of red, gold, silver, purple, and teal ornaments.  I'm totally loving it!

It was an awesome coincidence that my 3 Scrappy Boys December 2013 Add On coordinated so well with these holiday photos.  Check out the my video going through my kit contents on my YouTube Channel.

Today, I have a layered digital template for you based on my Christmas Splendor layout.

Download the template here

I hope you enjoy this template and that you're having a great time during your holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment