Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Counterfeit Kit Challenge: Hey! I know her!

It was a rough night around here at the Reyes household.  Alfred and I were up late trying to figure out whether or not congress was going to get it together so he could just go to work and do his job, and then both kids decided that they were fully rested and ready to go at 4 am!  I can't say that I was on the same page, but if they're awake, I have to be awake too.  Before anything else, I checked to see what this month's inspiration kit is over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog (it's the first of the month, I've been waiting to see what's in store for days), and what did I see!?!  My friend Stacy!

I met Stacy earlier this year when I started a papercrafting meetup in my home town.  It was pretty awesome to see her face when I pulled up CKC this morning, and it inspired me to get started right away.  The inspiration kits for this month were Cocoa Daisy's September kits.  I chose the main kit to counterfeit.
The first thing that I noticed about this kit was that I have many of the embellies in my Silhouette Studio library. I have all the shapes from the Echo Park sticker sheet, and I also have several Viewmaster and filmstrip shapes, so I decided that I would make all my embellishments this month, so that left just the paper.   I don't have very much bright white in my stash right now, so my kit is more of a cream base.  Here's my kit. In honor of Stacy, I'm calling it "Hey! I know her!"

I started with the floral paper from Crate Paper and chose papers that pulled in the colors from the floral paper.  I think it's going to be a really fun kit to use. Let's see those challenges ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment