Monday, August 12, 2013

A couple of hidden notes

August challenge #1 on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is to hide something on a layout.  I've said before that my scrapbooks are meant to be a diary for my girls.  Like any diary, they contain plain speech and private details, so sometimes, it's necessary for me to put my journaling behind other layers.  Sometimes it's because I have something to say that my girls aren't ready for yet, and sometimes it's just that it's not something I'm willing to share with just anyone who might be in my house flipping through my scrapbooks.
For this challenge, I used two journaling cards in a pocket made from the picture of my two girls together.  Most of the time, it's my voice that is recorded in the scrapbooks, but I try every once in a while to get Alfred's voice as well.  Here, we have a little note from each of us tucked onto the layout.
It's a pretty simple layout, but I like it just the way it is.  Not every page can be a masterpiece.  


No comments:

Post a Comment