Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My little Piano Baby

I'd never heard of a piano baby until my mother brought it up to me the other day.  She said she'd decided that Michaela looks like one of these.    I'm not sure I see the resemblance, but I thought it was an interesting little bit of history.  Apparently, people used to put these little dolls on top of pianos as a decoration, perhaps they imagined the babies cooing playfully along with the music?  I don't know.  They're a little creepy if you ask me, but then sometimes my Michaela is so darned cute that I can imagine using her as a model for a decorative object...or at least the focus of a scrapbook page.

Can I even begin to describe how much that I love these photographs, especially the one on the right.  That's my girl's "gotta love me" face.  Here's a link for those of you who don't remember Dinosaurs and didn't get the reference.  Miss Michaela is the demanding type, and I firmly believe that this type of face evolved for the survival of babies like her.  Hahaha, joking aside, she's always cute, but sometimes a moment like this happens and she transforms into a ball of adorableness that demands that you scoop her up and give her little Eskimo kisses and blow raspberries on her tummy. 
Not every picture of the little girl is magic, like this one of the first set of pigtails she ever had.
But there's just something about catching her in one of her cute moments that just stops you in your tracks.




No comments:

Post a Comment