Thursday, July 11, 2013

July Counterfeit Kit

This is my second month of doing a Counterfeit Kit and I love the idea.  I don't know why it took me so long to do one, making page kits is already part of my process, so having a picture to use as inspiration really just makes things easier for me.

The challenge kit for July over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is called the Summer Fun Kit from Scrapbook and Cards Today.

What immediately jumped out at me from the kit were the reds and yellows. Here's my version:

  I started out going through my papers trying to find those colors and then looked for those bold patterns, especially the stripes and chevrons. I decided to throw in the crepe paper from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection pack that I bought to use for LOAD513.  It's funny, that paper was one of the reasons that I bought the kit in the first place, but I just haven't been able to get myself to use it.  It just seems too precious somehow.  I have, however, copied the look with rolls of crepe paper left over from parties, and I really love it. The last thing I looked for were the embellishments.  I love my enamel dots, and I got a pack of 50 of those mini clothes pins at Walmart for $2, so I've been using them on everything.  I've had the black punch out letters for years and years (I got a pack of 100 punch out letter sheets at Ross shortly after I started scrapbooking, and I don't know if I'll ever get through them all.)  I love all the flair buttons that people have been using, but these are the first ones I've actually bought.  I like how they compliment all the rest of the items in the kit.   Finally, I threw in some wood veneer, stamps, and washi tape just for good measure.  I love that Basic Grey days of the week stamp set, and I use it all the time, but it's going to take a little bit of doing to get myself to use the brackets.  I like them, but I'm just not sure how to incorporate them into a page.  These were two of the first rolls of washi that I had in my collection, and I drastically over estimated how useful they would be in my scrapbooking, I'm hoping I can find a place for them in the pages I make with this kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment