Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cardmaking

I know that there is a lot of overlap between the scrapbooking and the cardmaking communities, but I haven't made very many cards.  I think it's mostly because when I sit down to make a scrapbook page from scratch, I start with the photos and/or story that I want to document.  Somehow, that makes it easier to come up with a design.  When I look at a blank card, I'm just not sure where to start.  That being said, I received a 50 pack of blank, plain white greeting cards and envelopes in my stocking this year, and it seems a shame to let all that go to waste.   I decided to sit down and try to make one for the first time today.  Here's the result:

I started with a group of blue glitter letter stickers and a multicolored chevron paper I had in my stash. I inked the edges of the paper with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I had used the letter sheet a couple of times before, so I had to use a little bit of scrabble logic to figure out what word I should put on the card.  I settled on smile, and thought that the butterfly stamp in a nice blue Studio G pigment ink would work well.  The small butterflies were punched out of white cardstock that I distressed using Distress Ink in Broken China, Peeled Paint, and Vintage Photo. I bent them in the middle so they would pop of the page a little and adhered them with Studio G glitter glue. It's not terribly exciting, but not a bad firs attempt.  What do you think?  Are you a scrapbooker that is intimidated by cardmaking or vice versa?


No comments:

Post a Comment