Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby Wearing


My younger daughter Michaela is what my dad would call a handbag.  She never wants to be put down.  We have a baby bjorn that we got as a shower present with Lilah, but those fabric slings that everybody has always looked so much cuter and more importantly much more comfortable for mom and baby.  The problem is that they are crazy expensive.  I found this tutorial to make one last summer while I was pregnant.  It seemed pretty simple, so I found 6 yards of jersey in the $1/yard bin at a local fabric store and a yard of some quilting fabric and went to work.  I hadn't used it yet because I'd been in a pretty big funk, but I really had to get house work done yesterday so I broke it out.  OMG! Why didn't I ever use this thing before!?!?!  The baby instantly falls asleep as soon as she is loaded into it, and I can go about my business.  I need to figure out how to wear her on my back, but so far, I'm really digging my wrap!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter has on that she received as a gift & she & the baby both love it. I'm just stopping by today to show you another layout that I've done with one of your templates. I merged the two photo spots together so I could have one large photo. I hope you like it. Here's a link so you can check it out: http://stufftoscrap.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=113820&nocache=1

    ReplyDelete