Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome


Welcome to my blog! During the next 12 months, I'll be working as a stay-at-home mom, and I want to make the most of it.  I'm graduating in the Spring of 2013 with a PhD in Genetics, but I also have two daughters: Lilah (23 months) and Michaela (7 weeks).  I don't think that there will be any other time in their lives when I will have the opportunity to take time away from work and really devote myself completely to them, so I'm doing it now.  I'm excited to have a chance to witness all of Michaela's first milestones. During the year I'll be documenting our stories big and small.  A few of the adventures on the agenda for the year are potty training for Lilah (a little nervous about this), teaching Michaela baby sign language, a trip to Maui for my sister-in-law's wedding (yay!), the job hunt, swim lessons for Lilah, studying for the National Society for Genetic Counseling Board Exam, exercise, Exercise, EXERCISE (I need to lose this baby weight). That's just a light sampling. I hope to get a bit of crafting done along the way, so I'll be sharing those projects as well. It looks like it's going to be a busy and exciting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment